Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Leiston Football Club app


1st Team - Match centre

Beaconsfield Town
Sat 24 Nov 15:00 - Cup Full time Attendance 89

Beaconsfield Town 3 Blues 1


Blues crash out of FA Trophy

Stuart Boardley's side were missing Robert Eagle and new signing George Keys (cup tied), Matt Rutterford (suspended), Dominic Docherty and Patrick Brothers (injured) and captain Tom Bullard was unavailable, but they welcomed back Kyle Hammond and Jake Reed.

The hosts had their first chance in just the second minute, but Louis Stead fired over the crossbar. Just two minutes later though, and Beaconsfield took the lead. A diagonal ball into the box was headed down and Charlie Losasso rifled the ball into Marcus Garnham's bottom left hand corner giving the keeper no chance. Matt Blake created a good chance for Leiston as he pulled the ball back from the byline to Jake Reed but he shot just over. Kyle Hammond sent in a free kick that home keeper Michael Power-Simpson palmed away and the keeper expertly saved Noel Aitkens follow up. From the resultant corner, Joe Jefford headed just wide. Beaconsfield doubled their advantage in the 27th minute. From a free kick, Marcus Garnham came out to clear the danger but he palmed the ball onto Jordan Ajanlekoko and was unfortunate to see the ball end up in the back of the net. Leiston forced more corners while Garnham held on well to a long distance Losasso shot.

Just two minutes into the second half, and Seb Dunbar's effort went in via a deflection but the linesman ruled it out for offside. Marvin Morgan couldn't direct a header into the net when well placed for the home side, but Joe Jefford gave Leiston a lifeline in the 56th minute as he guided Byron Lawrence's free kick home. The Blues, urged on by noisy away support, now had a lifeline. Garnham blocked superbly from the lively Stead before with twenty minutes to go, Noel Aitkens was sent off for a second yellow card after a mellay in the middle of the pitch. Beaconsfield were spurned on by this and Marvin Morgan guided home a header from a corner to kill off any Leiston fightback. Matt Blake was thwarted by Power-Simpson in the home goal in the last minute of the game as Beaconsfield saw the game out.

A disappointing day in the end as the Blues exited the FA Trophy as they turn their attentions to the league this coming Tuesday when they visit St Neots Town in league action.

FT - Beaconsfield Town 3 Blues 1

Beaconsfield Town - Power-Simpson, Eccleston, Balogun, Yorke, Neville, Daly, Stead, Ajanlekoko (Brown 81 mins), Morgan (Mendy 83 mins), Pashaj, Losasso (Vassell 87 mins). Subs not used - Adoo-Peters and Cathline.

Blues - Garnham, Hammond, Dunbar, Aitkens, Jefford, Knights (Davies 81 mins), Lawrence (Canham 90 mins), Finch, Reed, Blake, Moore (Bacon 73 mins). Subs not used - Gaffer and Lay-Fulcher.

Man of the Match - Seb Dunbar

Attendance - 89

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors