Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Leiston Football Club


1st Team - Match centre

Harlow Town
P Brothers (37'), O Brown (41'), N Muir-Merchant (64'), J Marsden (76'), S Dunbar (89' Sent Off), Unknown (48' OG)
Full time
Sat 17 Dec 15:00 - The Ryman Football League - Premier Division Attendance 224

Blues 5 Harlow Town 2

Blues bounce back from early setback

The Blues move up to fourth in the Ryman Premier League after Saturdays 5-2 win against Harlow Town in a match sponsored by the LOCAL LABOUR PARTY. Glen Driver made two changes to his starting eleven after the Bromley game in midweek with Jack Ainsley returning along with Niko Muir, who was cup tied in midweek writes Ollie Fairs.

Leiston seemed to make a positive start to the game and had much of the ball for the first ten minutes. However, they found themselves 1-0 down after 11 minutes when a low ball was played across the face of the Leiston goal causing the ball to roll in after a mix up in the box with Harlow’s Jared Small claiming the final touch and the goal. The Blues had a golden opportunity to equalise immediately from kick off when a long ball down the field was misjudged by the Harlow keeper which allowed Matt Blake to run onto the ball in the box before cutting it back to Niko Muir who had an open net ahead of him, but he was unable to get the ball under control and saw it run out for a goal kick. The Blues struggled to create much after that and for the next 15 minutes Harlow were much the better side, but just lacked that extra edge in the final third which could have seen them increase their lead. Leiston did manage to get back into the game towards the latter stages of the first half however and began to create some quality chances for themselves, the best of which falling to Byron Lawrence and Gareth Heath who were denied by some good goalkeeping and brave defending respectively. In the end, it was a bit of very good fortune that allowed Leiston to draw level again, Patrick Brothers’ 37th minute effort from outside of the box taking a huge deflection that left the keeper completely wrong footed and all he could do was watch the ball as it found its way into the back of the net. Just five minutes later Leiston had completely turned the game around after a cross sailed over the heads of everyone challenging in the box before Ollie Brown brought it down and calmly placed it into the net to give the Blues a 2-1 lead going into the second half.

Leiston looked to carry their momentum from the first half into the second and they certainly did just that when three minutes into the half a corner caused confusion in the Harlow box, only for the ball to be turned into the net by Harlow’s Billy Jones, leaving the Blues firmly in the driving seat. The game then began to slow down in terms of scoring chances as the game became more of a midfield battle. The next goal in this game was crucial and it was Leiston who scored it in the 64th minute. After a long kick up the field by Leiston keeper Jacob Marsden, Matt Blake did exceptionally well to get in front of his marker and win the flick on in the air which run perfectly in the path of his strike partner Niko Muir. Muir then used his pace to get away from his defender and get one on one with the goalkeeper before coolly slotting the ball into the bottom left hand corner of the goal to give his side a three goal advantage with just 25 minutes left to play. Leiston then made it out of sight in the 76th minute when Seb Dunbar rolled a ball into second half substitute Joe Marsden from the left wing which the sub the proceeded to place past the keeper to earn his first goal in a Leiston shirt. The game then took a turn for the worst in the final few minutes with tempers starting to flare between players from both teams. The Referee was forced into giving out several yellow cards to players from both teams. Seb Dunbar was sent off after receiving two yellow cards within one minute, the first being a result of a foul on the edge of the box before he picked up a second after the Referee decided he did enough to earn a second after a Harlow player went down in the box prior to a free kick. Harlow then used the one man advantage to score a consolation goal three minutes into stoppages when Ryan Melaugh got on the end of a cut back to make the final score 5-2 to the Blues.

FT - Blues 5 Harlow Town 2

Blues - Jacob Marsden, Brown, Dunbar, Ainsley (Pelling 78 mins), Jefford, Hutchings, Lawrence (Cole 68 mins), Heath (Joe Marsden 72 mins), Blake, Muir, Brothers. Subs not used - Saker and Lay-Fulcher.

Harlow Town - Hughes, Pope, Jones, Justin- Yiga (Ngamb 72 mins), Sonko, Simms, Small, Muguo, Read (Antoine 55 mins), Melaugh, Eadie (Da Costa 68 mins). Subs not used - Dickens and Lee.

Match sponsors the LOCAL LABOUR PARTY Man of the Match - Ollie Brown

Attendance - 224

Oliver Brown

Player of the Match

Oliver Brown

Key moments

Goal Patrick Brothers scores for Leiston
Goal Oliver Brown scores for Leiston
Own Goal Own goal conceded by Harlow Town
Goal Niko Muir-Merchant scores for Leiston
Goal Joe Marsden scores for Leiston
Red Card Sebastian Dunbar is sent off for Leiston


View 0 new events
90:00 Player of the Match
Oliver Brown is awarded player of the match for Leiston
89:00 Red Card 5 - 0
Sebastian Dunbar is sent off for Leiston
88:00 Yellow Card
Sebastian Dunbar is yellow carded for Leiston
86:00 Yellow Card
Niko Muir-Merchant is yellow carded for Leiston
78:00 Sub On
Regan Pelling is substituted on for Leiston
78:00 Sub Off
Jack Ainsley is substituted off for Leiston
76:00 Goal 5 - 0
Joe Marsden scores for Leiston
76:00 Assist
Sebastian Dunbar makes an assist for Leiston
72:00 Sub On
Joe Marsden is substituted on for Leiston
72:00 Sub Off
Gareth Heath is substituted off for Leiston
68:00 Sub Off
Byron Lawrence is substituted off for Leiston
68:00 Sub On
Adeyinka Cole is substituted on for Leiston
64:00 Goal 4 - 0
Niko Muir-Merchant scores for Leiston
64:00 Assist
Matt Blake makes an assist for Leiston
48:00 Own Goal 3 - 0
Own goal conceded by Harlow Town
48:00 Assist
Gareth Heath makes an assist for Leiston
End of period 1
41:00 Goal 2 - 0
Oliver Brown scores for Leiston
41:00 Assist
Sebastian Dunbar makes an assist for Leiston
37:00 Goal 1 - 0
Patrick Brothers scores for Leiston
37:00 Assist
Byron Lawrence makes an assist for Leiston
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Leiston
  • Harlow Town
  • 0
  • Patrick Brothers Goal 37:00'
  • Byron Lawrence Assist 37:00'
  • Oliver Brown Goal 41:00'
  • Sebastian Dunbar Assist 41:00'
  • Own Goal 48:00'
  • Gareth Heath Assist 48:00'
  • Niko Muir-Merchant Goal 64:00'
  • Matt Blake Assist 64:00'
  • Adeyinka Cole Sub On 68:00'
  • Byron Lawrence Sub Off 68:00'
  • Joe Marsden Sub On 72:00'
  • Gareth Heath Sub Off 72:00'
  • Joe Marsden Goal 76:00'
  • Sebastian Dunbar Assist 76:00'
  • Regan Pelling Sub On 78:00'
  • Jack Ainsley Sub Off 78:00'
  • Niko Muir-Merchant Yellow Card 86:00'
  • Sebastian Dunbar Yellow Card 88:00'
  • Sebastian Dunbar Red Card 89:00'

Team selection

Marsden, Jacob Marsden, Jacob
Brown, Oliver Brown, Oliver
Dunbar, Sebastian Dunbar, Sebastian
Heath, Gareth Heath, Gareth
Jefford, Joe Jefford, Joe
Hutchings, Jake Hutchings, Jake
Ainsley, Jack Ainsley, Jack
Lawrence, Byron Lawrence, Byron
Blake, Matt Blake, Matt
Muir-Merchant, Niko Muir-Merchant, Niko
Brothers, Patrick Brothers, Patrick

League round up

Team sponsors


Club sponsors